{LS}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRIBES 1 & TRIBES 2 & TRIBES ASCEND

{LS} Main SiteHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soccer: why?

Go down 
+2
Tango
Jim Franklin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tango
Admin
Tango

Soccer: why? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer: why?   Soccer: why? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:42 pm

I would much rather hunt and eat my food off the ground wearing hand towels.
Back to top Go down
Jim Franklin

PostSubject: Re: Soccer: why?   Soccer: why? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:37 pm

The Indians in question were either non-sedentary or semi-sedentary. That means that they did not stay in one location, therefore, they did not have land. They are lucky that Henry Knox decided to push to recognize Indian land title at all. The Indians themselves initially wanted none of it, but people, like Thomas Jefferson, believe that the Indians were capable of civilization and convinced Indians to accept land title. The original Indian policy attempted to assimilate Indians into American society, and buy their land from them, as they would no longer need such massive areas to live in. These efforts to assimilate them were actually successful in many instances, most notably the Cherokees, Creeks, and Seminoles. Some of the Indians were, however, not keen on assimilation, and they fought against it. Look at the story of Techumseh, and the Red Stick Rebellion. The Indians were not innocent. Neither were the whites, but in most cases, they had some kind of provokation and didn't just kill Indians for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
LongShot
Admin
LongShot

PostSubject: hmmmm   Soccer: why? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:01 am

well i agree in some matter that ur right they moved season to season .. but we still forced the matter of u cant come back to this spot of the land and killing of 1000s of bufflos which was the the main source of food and clothes...The topic is soccer and i have no idea how this got off on the econmy and indians and w/e else we have talked about lol...but e1 gonna have they say and ideas of wat happen .. i just think we could have really done better and treated them better ..but even today u put 2 men in a subvision and their fight over a tree thats on the line and s1 will get shot....
Back to top Go down
Jim Franklin

PostSubject: Re: Soccer: why?   Soccer: why? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:52 am

The original policy of the United States government was to incorporate the Indians into American society. They didn't view them as lesser people. The Britains were very similar to the Indians before the Roman Empire, and the Americans knew it. They thought the Indians would take to American civilization and join it, much the same way ancient Britains joined Rome. Many tribes acted like the Americans, but refused to actually join them, opting instead to take the land that the American government had given them and make their own countries. That's where the trouble really started.
Back to top Go down
LongShot
Admin
LongShot

PostSubject: ??????????????????   Soccer: why? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:23 pm

i thought this topic was over but i see u still have no idea of ppl rights and wat we made the american idians do......drop it because i see my way u c urs and im not changing ........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soccer: why?   Soccer: why? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soccer: why?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
{LS} :: List :: Sports and Stuff-
Jump to: